Monday, February 20, 2012

Toffee Cookies!

This is a recipe that I found on food.com, and decided to try the other night. I've been skor-ing it up recently. Skor ice cream, Dairy Queen skor blizzards, skor chocolate bars, skor blondie squares, you name it. Although these cookies pale in comparison to a skor blizzard, they're something you can make in your house and they don't contain a week's worth of calories.


Ingredients
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened (I used unsalted, country churned butter)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (I used golden)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package skor english toffee bits (you can find these next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)


Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large mixer bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
4. Add eggs and blend thoroughly.
5. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. (Now is a good time for your significant other to taste the batter, before you "ruin" it with the toffee bits.)
6. Stir in toffee bits.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. (I just discovered that parchment paper existed, and I used that instead)
8. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. (You know... I don't know if my oven is a rebel, but nothing I bake ever cooks in the time listed. If your oven is also a rebel, set a timer for 14 minutes, and then watch for the top to slightly brown.)
9. Cool slightly, remove from the cookie sheet. (I removed them right away, because this recipe supposedly makes 48 cookies, and I have one cookie sheet.)
10. Cool completely. (Always avoid putting a burning hot cookie straight from the oven into your mouth.)


Skor-licious!





No comments:

Post a Comment